These vegan chocolate peanut butter cookies are soft, indulgent and oozing with chocolate. They are absolutely delicious and they are unbelievably easy to make.
- 40g caster sugar – Sieved to remove all lumps
- 100g light brown sugar
- 2g sea salt
- 100g dark chocolate – Broken into small pieces
- 200g plain flour – Sieved
- 20g cocoa powder – Sieved
- Half a teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda – Sieved
- 70g peanut butter
- 65ml sunflower oil
- 100g golden syrup
- 40ml water
- Preheat the oven to 180c.
- Line a baking sheet with greaseproof paper.
- Place the dry ingredients into a large bowl (caster sugar, light brown sugar, sea salt, chocolate pieces, plain flour, cocoa powder and baking powder), and combine.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the peanut butter, sunflower oil and golden syrup.
- Tip the wet ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients, along with the water.
- Mix everything together with a wooden spoon, but try not to overmix. Then using a metal spoon or an ice cream scoop, place balls of the dough onto the lined baking sheet. The mixture will be quite greasy so this is why I suggest using a spoon for this step. You should be able to make around 15 cookies with the quantities described.
- Bake for 8 or 9 minutes. The edges of the cookies should be firm but the middle of the cookies should still be soft.
- Leave the cookies to cool for 10 minutes. They will harden as they cool.
- These cookies are so good when enjoyed warm out of the oven, however they will keep perfectly well for up to 3 days in an air tight container.
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 9 minutes
- Category: Desserts
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 180 per cookie