- 100g dark chocolate
- 100g milk chocolate
- 75g unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 100g digestive biscuits
- 60g whole glacé cherries
- 70g mini marshmallows, or large ones cut into cubes
- Line a tin with greaseproof paper. I use a loaf tin that is around 10cm x 20cm.
- Break the chocolate into pieces, and place into a bowl. Set the bowl over a pan of gently simmering water. Do not let the bowl touch the water. This is to make sure the chocolate doesn’t seize.
- Cut the butter into cubes and add to the bowl, along with the golden syrup. Stir continuously.
- Once everything is melted, turn off the hob and remove the bowl from the heat.
- Put the digestives into a freezer bag, and using a rolling pin, gently bash the digestives so that you have a few larger pieces, a few smaller pieces and some biscuit dust.
- Add the contents of the bag to the bowl, along with the whole glacé cherries.
- If using large marshmallows, cut them into cubes and add to the bowl. If using mini marshmallows add them straight in.
- Gently fold the contents of the bowl together until everything is well coated in the melted chocolate.
- Put the mixture into the lined tin and gently press down. Once the mixture has cooled, refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Cut in to squares and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 120 minutes
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 185