Delicious rose and cardamom infused ice cream, using just 6 essential ingredients, and its egg free.
- 397g tin condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon rosewater
- Seeds of 6 cardamom pods, crushed and ground to a fine powder with a pestle and mortar
- 240ml double cream
- 40g milk powder
- Edible rose petals and pistachio kernels to decorate (optional)
- Line a standard sized loaf tin with parchment paper, and set aside.
- Using an electric whisk on a low setting, beat the double cream until soft to medium peaks form. This shouldn’t take more than 2 minutes. Once you start to see peaks forming, stop whisking. Its important not to over mix the cream so that it doesn’t split. This can create air pockets, which can lead to gaps in the ice cream after it has been frozen.
- In a separate large bowl, mix together the vanilla extract, rosewater, crushed cardamom seeds, milk powder and condensed milk. Mix well so that most of the milk powder lumps disappear.
- Fold the whipped cream mixture into the condensed milk mixture a little at a time. Fold carefully, and be careful not to over mix. The mixture should still feel quite aerated and not too runny.
- Pour the mixture into the lined loaf tin and spread the top with a palette knife so that its even. Place in the freezer.
- After 2 hours, remove from the freezer and stir in your rose petals and pistachio kernels if using. If you are not using any mix ins, you can skip this step.
- Serve after at least 12 hours in the freezer, and enjoy!
Keep in the freezer for up to 3 months, in an air tight container. Leave out at room temperature for 5 minutes before serving.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 hours
- Category: Desserts
- Method: No churn
- Cuisine: Indian
- Serving Size: 1/10
- Calories: 304
- Sugar: 23g
- Fat: 22g
- Saturated Fat: 14g
- Unsaturated Fat: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 24g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 80mg
Keywords: Gulab Jamun Ice Cream