Tall, fluffy and healthy eggless banana muffins. These muffins make a delicious breakfast on the go or afternoon snack for the whole family.
- 3 ripe bananas
- 75ml sunflower oil
- 50g brown sugar
- 30ml maple syrup
- 200g self-raising flour, sieved
- 50g oats
- 1 level teaspoon baking powder, sieved
- 1 level teaspoon cinnamon
- 50g chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180c, and line your muffin tin with 9 muffin cases.
- Mash the bananas well with a fork, and add to a bowl along with the sunflower oil, brown sugar and maple syrup. Give everything a good mix.
- Add the self-raising flour to the bowl, and fold it in so that it combines with the rest of the ingredients.
- Add the oats, baking powder, cinnamon and chocolate chips to the bowl and fold everything together. Do not over mix the batter, just gently fold until everything is combined.
- Pour the batter into the muffin cases, until each one is 3/4 full, which will make around 9 muffins. Or for tall bakery style muffins, fill each muffin case to the brim. This will make around 6 muffins.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until the tops are turning golden brown.
- Leave for 5 minutes in the muffin tray, and then transfer the muffins to a wire rack to cool completely.
To make these muffins vegan, use dairy free chocolate chips, or omit the chocolate.
Do not over mix the batter. Gently fold the batter together until the ingredients come together. This is to ensure that the muffins retain their rise and are beautifully fluffy.
Bake the muffins for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Don’t be tempted to open the oven door part way through baking, or else the muffins may sink.
The muffins will keep well in an air tight container for up to 2 days.
You can freeze these muffins by placing them in a zip lock bag and freezing them for up to 2 months. Bring them up to room temperature before serving.
If you made this recipe, please leave a comment and rating below!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: British
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 216
- Sugar: 13g
- Fat: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 42.4g
- Protein: 4g
Keywords: banana chocolate eggfree eggless muffins recipe