Eggless Banana Bread
This eggless banana bread is the first eggless cake I ever made. After a few attempts and tweaks, it has become a family favourite, and so now I bake this banana bread constantly. Moist, soft and sweet, we never get tired of it. It is also very low in sugar so it’s perfect for when you are craving cake, but don’t want a complete sugar blowout. Shop bought versions really won’t compare once you have baked this.
make this recipe dairy-free by using your favourite vegan chocolate.
- This eggless banana bread is great for using up ripe bananas. The more ripe the bananas, the sweeter the banana bread
- I use my favourite dark chocolate in this recipe. If you want to make this dairy free or vegan, you can use your favourite vegan chocolate. Alternatively, you can try blueberries or raisins
- Freeze individual slices in ziplock bags for a healthier indulgent treat when you need it
- The bread keeps well for 2 -3 days in an airtight container.
How to make eggless banana bread
- Mash peeled bananas with a fork, then mix well with sunflower oil and brown sugar.
- Add flour, baking powder and cinnamon, and combine well.
- Add chocolate chunks if using. You can use chocolate chips, but I prefer to buy a bar of good quality dark chocolate and break it up into chunks. I think you get to use better quality chocolate this way, and enjoy bigger chunks of chocolate too!
- Pour the mixture into a lined loaf tin for 20 minutes. After this time check the cake and cover with foil if the cake is browning. This will help prevent the top of the cake from burning, whilst still allowing the middle of the cake to cook.
- Bake for another 20 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Allow to cool a little before slicing, and enjoy whilst warm out of the oven.